Cheddar Bay Biscuits
1. Preheat oven to 425 F
2. Mix together in a medium bowl:
1 c. flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp sugar
3. Cut in 2 tbsp. butter (or margarine — i like butter better) into flour mixture using a pastry cutter
4. Stir in and combine 1/2 c shredded cheddar cheese
5. Add 1/2 c milk and stir with a fork to form a soft dough
6. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead gently 12 times (i sometimes stop at 10)
8. Pat the thickness to 1 inch and place onto a cutting board. Cut out biscuits with a floured cutter.
9. Place biscuits onto an ungreased baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes (or until light golden brown)
10. Meanwhile, melt 2 T margarine (again, i use butter) in microwave for 12 seconds and then mix with 1/2 tsp parsley, 1/4 tsp garlic powder and 1/4 tsp Italian seasoning.
11. When biscuits come out of oven, brush tops of biscuits with butter herb mixture.
Serve warm and enjoy!